How to Apply!
Visit the Dual Enrollment webpage of your college choice:
Please click on the link below and FOLLOW the STEPS TO ENROLLMENT exactly.
Pay CLOSE ATTENTION TO ALL DEADLINES!!
- Take the SAT/ACT (KSU & GA Highlands) OR SAT/ACT/ACCUPLACER/PSAT or 2.6 or higher HOPE GPA (Chat Tech)
- Submit qualifying scores to the college: SAT/ACT/ACCUPLACER
- Complete the Dual Enrollment Application to the DE college of your choice:
- The application is located on the school’s DE webpage, not the general freshman application
- The DE application fee is waived for perspective DE students.
4. Request a copy of your transcript in the counseling office (cost $2) to be mailed to the college’s DE office. You are also welcome to take it or mail it yourself. (Chatt Tech does not need a transcript)
5. Print, Review and have your parent/guardian sign the following documents:
Dual Enrollment Participation Agreement (completed each semester)
Local School Agreement (completed when you first enroll in DE)
6. AFTER you have completed all of the steps above, Schedule a DE appointment with Ms. Neely to complete the Student Participation Agreement (come into counseling office to get link to schedule an appointment).
7. After you have met with Ms. Neely, UPLOAD the original Student Participation Agreement to your college
8. Check your EMAIL for acceptance letter to DE program and further instructions
- Attend your college orientation session as soon as possible – Mandatory
- Register for classes the 1st day class registration opens -CHECK College Calendar for dates.
- You Can ONLY register for those classes listed on your Participation Agreement
- Bring or email Ms. Neely a detailed copy of your schedule (<<click for directions) – show days, times and campus location of classes
- Complete the Online Dual Enrollment Financial Aid Application found on GAFUTURES under Dual Enrollment Funding Application
- Attend class the first week of school OR you will be dropped from the class !